[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Amsterdam Backgammon

Posted By: Dorn Bishop
Date: Friday, 25 November 2011, at 7:04 p.m.

I just returned from a week in Amsterdam where I was the recipient of some wonderful backgammon hospitality. A few days prior to my arrival, I found the local club's website (amstergammon.com) and sent an email to find out if there were any tournaments or chouettes planned for that week. The head of the club, Nardy Pillards, promptly responded and went to great lengths to line up a chouette with the help of another club member, Jean Lewicki. The games were held a wonderful little bar/cafe where chess, cards, and other games were also being played throughout the day. Jean was a marvelous host and even gave me a ride back to my hotel on his motorcycle.

It was a terrific way to experience a non-touristy side of Amsterdam culture. If you ever go there, I highly recommend that you send an email to amstergammon@gmail.com. Nardy, Jean, or whoever is running the club will go out of their way to welcome you to their little corner of the backgammon world.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.