[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon Research-Plea for match files

Posted By: Max Levenstein
Date: Thursday, 1 December 2011, at 7:28 p.m.

As some readers may know, I posted yesterday about some formulas that have been used in the past to predict the outcomes of matches based on player's rating and match length. From all the great responses I got, I have decided to set out on a more empirical research project to attempt to come up with very good and sound measure for these results.

To do this I need to collect many (seriously played) matches between players and analyze their error ratings along with the winner and match length. I have attempted to run these on my own using XG2, however I can only do some many at a time and it is very time consuming.

Here is my plea: send me some of your saved matches from online, etc. (preferably in XG format or some other easily readable format) so I may get a lot of samples for this.

I think this may, if successful, have a great impact on the theory behind rating Backgammon players.

-Max Levenstein

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.