[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tipping etiquette...

Posted By: Justin N.
Date: Tuesday, 6 December 2011, at 1:56 a.m.

While at the L.A. ABT tourney this weekend, I had a thought-provoking conversation with another player that prompted some interesting questions on this topic. I promised this individual I would poll the readers here to hopefully get a better consensus, as we both realized that there doesn't seem to be a clearly-defined standard here, like there is in the food service industry (and others).

Do the TDs already make enough from their rake? If not, should all players be expected to tip something (even if it's only $5), or should cashers only be expected to tip? As for cashers, what would be a reasonable percantage of their winnings to tip? Or would a flat amount be more appropriate?

While I can understand the viewpoint of those who think tipping is unecessary, I personally feel there is nothing wrong with tipping TDs, especially if I cash. As to what percentage I feel is appropriate, I'm not exactly sure, but something in the range of 2-5% of winnings seems reasonable to me.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.