[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Yahtzee Problem

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 16 December 2011, at 4:59 a.m.

I play a lot of these types of games, Yahtzee, Mancala, Connect Four, etc... While Yahtzee presents a lot of minorly interesting decisions along the way, this one came up almost at the end of a game and is a crucial decision for my opponent. He is Player 1 and has rolled 44441 on his first shake as you see at the bottom of his score sheet. What is the optimal play for him, going for aces almost sure to make his top, get his bonus, and take a lead while I only have one roll left to make a small straight or go for the Yahtzee?

If anything needs clarification let me know. I don't think it does. (assuming you know how to play Yahtzee) It was easy for me to figure this out OtB. Btw, if anyone ever wants to play Yahtzee for money it's one of the games I'd be happy to play against anyone in the world. I think if I start going to bg tourneys again I'm going to haul a big set of games and just set up a station for people to come and play anything I have there from backgammon to Egyptian Rat Screw!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.