[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon is coming back to Columbus, Ohio!

Posted By: Jason Marshall
Date: Thursday, 5 January 2012, at 8:19 p.m.

Ever since the disappearance of the old Greater Columbus Backgammon Club, I've thought it a shame that there was no local club for a population of the size that we have here in Central Ohio. I think it's been long enough, so I've decided to bite the bullet and restart the club's meetings/monthly tournaments again, with the blessings of the previous club director, Trevor Dierkes.

You can check out the updated details at the new (under construction) website: http://www.columbusbg.org

Veteran members may recognize the masters point's system from before.

A couple of members of the old club have been instrumental in getting the club to this point:

• Mary Hickey for her advice and encouragement, as I've never done anything like this before.
  • Mike Rezai for getting our foot in the door at our new home, the Max and Erma's in Reynoldsburg.
Hopefully the restaurant will be a good fit for us and we for them.

I hope to see the Columbus locals (and anyone else that cares to come) there on March 4th for the first official monthly tournament in a few years!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.