[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The sillyness of the 2 pt Quicky..make them 1 pt instead

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2012, at 5:54 p.m.

Quite a few ABT events have 2 pt Quickies as a side event. To me it seems silly to play 2 pt matches when either player can double ASAP and correct strategy is to cube as soon as any possibility of market loss. Better and time saving is to simply make these events 1 pt matches !

Why is that, if the correct strat is to cube ASAP? Well simply because not everyone cubes ASAP, either thru ignorance or disbelief or simply hoping their opp doesn't know to cube. OK I can understand this, but this means that a quicky match can take 3 games...not so quick huh?

I recall waiting 45 minutes for a quicky match to finish so I could play my last chance match. No one cubed and all three games were long, complicated and slowly played.

There are too many conflicts from side events at most simple weekend ABT events anyhow...so lets just keep Quickies as 1 pt matches to save some time.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.