[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Grandmaster Norm II

Posted By: Bob Glass
Date: Tuesday, 14 February 2012, at 8:40 p.m.

After work, I am going home and will head straight to Gridgammon. That should be around 8pm Pacific time which I believe is 11pm Eastern time or GGT. Anybody who wants to challenge me at that time who is scheduled to play me a Grandmaster Norm match may do so. The deadline is February 15. I will go on tomorrow night as well. Twice, I have emailed Dubrovnik asking for email addresses of my opponents without receiving a response. I have also posted to bgonline seeking email addresses but to no avail. In no case have any of my remaining opponents attempted to email me. Therefore, I should not be penalized any forfeit losses. As I have stated before, online backgammon should be a convenience, not an adventure, especially when holding an event in which you have 12 opponents comprising of 24 13 point matches. The contact information of each opponent should be readily available to each participant of an online event. It's tough enough scheduling a mutually agreeable time when you contact your opponent, but next to impossible without contact information. Go see how WarpGammon schedules online matches. That should be the norm. On that site, you put all your available times on a spreadsheet. In addition, you can send a message to your opponent and the system takes care of the email addresses. When your opponent receives your email, he also can view your spreadsheet which is normalized to his timezone. Hasslefree! I imagine the system in place now is meant to promote the continuation of live tournaments which I enjoy immemsely but have curtailed mainly because of TSA. The last time I took my belt off at an airport, my pants descended. The TSA agent was a hottie and everyone at the airport knew what I was thinking.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.