[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 27 December 2006, at 6:25 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 7 to 2
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 11/5 8/6

One thing the bots have taught me is that when there's no immediate shot possible you should even out your distribution as much as possible. It's true here I could get an immediate shot if you toss a 6-3 but that parlay isn't enough to worry about since many of my hitting numbers would also cover @ least one of my blots. I decided to play 4/3 with the ace, putting that checker to use. Whenever you bury a checker like I did earlier putting a 'dilly builder' somewhere in your home board, it's best to roll it off at the first opportune moment. I feel that's now. After that I decided to move my back checker to safety so you would no longer have any attacking numbers. I've already looked at Snowie 3 ply and its preference was 6/3 4/3 with my play being a close 2nd and 21/18 6/5 being a close 3rd. I'll be interested to see the rollout. Snowie obviously doesn't feel like I'm in enough immediate danger to pick up the back man yet when I could work on smoothing out my forward position. Stick moves 21/18 4/3

Readers move 13/10(4). I hope I was right in not taking a vote for this. I thought you'd see it as clear that since you're up 26 pips after roll you should try to get all your men as close to home as possible and wouldn't consider stripping your position with something cutesy like 13/10(2) 11/8(2) etc...

Stick moves 11/7 8/5

Readers move 10/2

Stick moves 11/3 6/2(2)

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.