[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PITTSBURGH TOURNAMENT

Posted By: Steve Hast
Date: Wednesday, 22 February 2012, at 4:45 a.m.

Hi everyone...for 3 years i got to play in the Pittsburgh tournament I organized and ran for 17 years. It appears I am back wearing the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR HAT!!! Rob Maier has decided not to continue as the director of the Pittsburgh tourney, neither February or Labor Day..I doubt he will be assisting Chiva in Florida or California either. For soooo many years i was asked to run a 2nd tournament a year and to hold a major holiday weekend tourney. Well...you are getting half the pie...Effective immediately , I am taking over as director for the 1st Pittsburgh Labor Day tournament which will be held Aug 31-Sept 3rd.. I am bringing in Butch Meese to run his Swiss Movement for BOTH Championship and Advanced Divisions. Mary Ann will be on staff as well. I consider the change to Labor Day a challenge but also an opportunity. Pittsburgh will no longer run a tournament in February, every year i worried about the weather , worried about players getting into accidents driving through snow and ice. That is over..Have great weather, the major holiday bash everyone wanted, and I am hosting... Care to come? I really do want a BIG party ! Steve

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.