[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PR and Winning: Naive Question

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Friday, 9 March 2012, at 7:24 p.m.

For those of us who have neither world class checker or cube play does improving Performance Rating correlate well with improving Winning Chances?

The bots cube base on the assumption that the opponent will play optimally and tend to cube the opponent in (maximizing expected value). Those of us who play under expert level play far less than optimally and do not recube efficiently.

XG admonishes us for technically late cubes fairly dramatically does cubing using XG's assumptions result in a higher or lower win rate for an intermediate/advanced player on average?

I'm noodling on the idea that "correct" cube play might actually result in a negative result for an individual who does not have the ability to play like XG. The conundrum is, The opponent is in the same boat. Neither player (excepting a few giants) has the ability to play as efficiently as the bot.

Does this shift the correct decision to "later cube" or "earlier cube", "later take or earlier take". Or should I ask if a Human MET is different the XG's and is there any rhyme or reason to how we should think about it?

... I was thinking that I could easily improve my dreadful PR in most matches by chucking the cube at my opponent on the first roll and stop getting dinged for late cubes.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.