[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An offer to directors who haven't used clocks in the past

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, at 12:33 a.m.

I would like to make an offer to all ABT directors who are holding out on the clock issue. If you change your format to include at minimum:

• Clocks on request or required in the Open division
  • Clocks required in Doubles
  • Clocks on request or required in the Masters

Then I promise (at least) the following:

• I will donate $100 of added money (from my own pocket) to your Novice/Beginners division prize pool (even if I don't show up).
  • If I am able to come to your tournament (and I would make every effort to do so), I will give a free backgammon seminar to your Novice/Beginners. I'll prepare the seminar in advance and try to make it as good as possible.

I suspect that the holdouts won't budge -- so to make sure that it doesn't look like I'm just grandstanding, I'm making the same offer to new tournaments. If their tournament meets the above requirements, I'll make the exact same offer.

Oh lookie here... we've got a new tournament on the map, and word is, they're going to use clocks. This offer is on the table for the San Antonio tournament in February 2013.

This offer is on the table indefinitely.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.