[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Starting to use clocks at local level

Posted By: KenB
Date: Tuesday, 27 March 2012, at 3:56 p.m.

Here is how our club started to use clocks.

1. In 2011, Open players used clocks in all matches however there was no time penalty. The Beginner and Intermediate divisions could use clocks if they wished.

2. Starting in 2012 we started using time limits of 2 minutes/point 13 second delay in the Open. I do not believe that anyone his lost on time yet.

This eased people into clocks and I do not know of any of our Open players who would go back to unclocked matches. Our club has three players in the Open who do not play very fast. Everyone always dreaded being in the same bracket that they were in. With clocks, this people are no longer so unpopular. The Scarlet Letter has been removed from their foreheads. The slow players do not mind the clocks because they have never believed that they play slow...

PS, Taper_Mike, it is a good thing that you start practicing with a clock, I just looked up your tournament stats and it does not look like you are going to be playing in the Intermediate long. You may get of of our rare mid year promotions...

/ken

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.