[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 3/31

Posted By: David Rennie
Date: Sunday, 8 April 2012, at 12:06 a.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 3/31 (Daily Quiz)

1.) I assume the score is making my answer wrong, but I don't see how. Or rather I'm guessing the proper move at this score involves going for a more gammony position, but I'm not sure what that would entail so rather than talking myself out of what might actually be the proper move I'll go with 24/13. Based on the race.

2.) Well this is a similar situation to the prior problem but with a twist. Making the 5-point is usually a good thing and 8/5 6/5 is certainly more gammony (which is good at this score) but it seems awfully risky. We've committed ourselves pretty far forward and if White was to get out and hit one of our blots we'd be in more trouble than it's worth I think. I'll again go for the safe play 13/10 11/10.

3.) I think making our bar point is of prime (ary) importance in this situation so I'd slot it with 13/7. Then 17/15 for the last two for diversification.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.