[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy/Michy v. Larsen/Rex Match File

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, at 2:44 p.m.

Even though the matches are supposed to be posted 'soon' on the net I figured why not post what I've seen so far. This is the entire doubles match (game) to 9pt from the DK v. World event. There are no rollouts included. Perhaps after I have all the files I'll repost a zip file with rollouts included.

Download match

A few babblings...

The Danes took no thought when bearing off with the 65. This would be fine if they had made the correct play but it seems neither of them had any clue what was going on in that entire half of the game, cube or checker play. This brings me to another rant, I mean point, (and I'm not picking on the two Danes here, I have no real idea how good they are) is that most backgammon games are standard and it's rare to see positions that actually test someone's knowledge. If we had my ideal error rate scale the Danes would have scored off the charts and not in a good way. They had 9 decisions that weren't 'nexts' (I guess) and they got 7 of them wrong.

Pet peeve of backgammon #2,691. When checking to see how many checkers your opponent has off you flip through the checkers off the board. It must be a lot harder than I think for people to look at the checkers on the board and subtract that from 15 to get how many are taken off. Yes, you risk if your vision is poor enough and you are sleeping over the board to miss a checker that is stacked on top of others but that hasn't happened to me yet nor can I imagine it ever happening.

Quote du jour - "It's a gift, chocolate egg?" - Mochy

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.