[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Pushmonkey V. Pro

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 15 October 2007, at 12:51 a.m.

This is being posted to get the ball rolling. I still believe the pro will win around 80% of the time. Be happy to answer any questions I can, posted this so the math geeks can take their swing at whatever they see fit.

Rules:

• Starting stack sizes are 1 million a piece
  • Blinds are 5k/10k and never go up
  • There are no antes
  • The pushmonkey calls if the pro moves all in, if the pro limps or raises the pushmonkey pushes all in. In other words, the pushmonkey is all in every hand regardless

Some notes

• After every 10 hands the pro will lose 75k. After 45 hands will have lost either 335k or 340k. This is just for reference.

• The odds of being dealt TT or better is 44:1

• Initially the pro will be playing only TT or better

• TT or better averages just above 80% against a random hand

• The earlier the pro doubles up the easier it will be for him to call the subsequent all in(s) by the pushmonkey.

• I'm undecided as to when the pro should shift his calling hands. How low should he let his chip stack go? With this format I think he'll be awarded for patience.

I am also deleting posts in this thread to try to keep it short & neat in case it gets too lengthy like the other one. Bob has already corrected a small stupid math mistake I made and the chart below was posted by Daniel. [I had the same chart just didn't post it, assume he's using pokerstove or something similar]

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.