[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Results, Stolen from Bill Davis' Web Site

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 23 April 2012, at 2:37 a.m.

From www.chicagopoint.com

Neil Kazaross won two events, the Championship and the Seniors. Here is my paraphrase of Neil's story.

Neil wanted to play in the Super Jackpot round of 32, which started at 2 PM Wednesday. He arrived three minutes late and they had ten players without Neil. Ten is an even number, so Neil had no opponent. Instead of playing in the Super Jackpot, he entered the Seniors and played and kept on winning matches. He was so involved with winning more and more matches in the Seniors that he missed the 7 PM Wednesday start time for the Super Jackpot.

Neil did not enter the side pool of the Championship event that he won. I heard him give an explanation, but it made no sense to me, or maybe I just was not smart enough to understand it.

"Irregardlessly" of the reason Neil did not enter the side pool, I congratulate Neil for winning two events. I also thank Neil for not punching me when I mentioned that he is probably one of the top twenty backgammon players in the entire state of Illinois. He took it well.

ABT - NEVADA STATE TOURNAMENT April 18-22, 2012; Las Vegas, Nevada (Partial results)

CHAMPIONSHIP (45+13 rebuys): 1-Neil Kazaross (IL), 2-Gary Bauer (NJ), 3/4-Carter Mattig (IL) / Tom Zarrinnam (CA); 1C-Justin Nunez (CA), 2C-Dorn Bishop; 1LC-Ed O'Laughlin, 2LC-Larry Liebster.

INTERMEDIATE (45+19 rebuys): 1-David Escoffery (CA). 2-Richard Weaver (TX); 3/4-Claudia Imatt (CA) / David Presser (IL); 1C-Robert Tansi (MA), 2C-Larry Arnold (MN); 1LC-Abby Biss, 2LC-Patty Geoffroy.

BEGINNER (5): 1-Max Crosner (CA), 2-Erwin Hom (CA).

SUPER JACKPOT (13 at $2000): 1-Paul Weaver (AL), 2-Dru Giovanis (NV); 3/4-Steve Sax (CA) / Ed O'Laughlin (VA).

LIMITED JACKPOT (9 at $1000): 1-Art Moore (CA), 2-Damon Singer (NV). 3/4-Josh Racko (CA) / Ted Chee(CA).

SENIORS TOURNAMENT (64): 1-Neil Kazaross (IL), 2-Tristan Bettencourt (CA).

DOUBLES TOURNAMENT (8 teams): 1-Todd Crosner (AZ) & Harvey Gillis (WA), 2-Bob Glass (CA) & Alan Grunwald (NJ).

BLITZ (128): 1- Tom Elgas, 2-Nicole Taboury (France).

MINI-MATCH (32 ): 1-Ted Chee (CA).

$100 SATURDAY JACKPOT (23): 1-Doug Simon.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.