[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2012 Chicago Open is just 4 weeks away

Posted By: Rory
Date: Friday, 27 April 2012, at 9:31 p.m.

In 2011 there were 58 players in the Open, 42 in the Intermediate, and 4 in the Novice division for a total of 104. All of you know most tournaments have had significant declines in the past few years and my primary goal for 2012 was to keep the Chicago Open as far away from that trend as possible.

I am happy to state that my numbers are looking great. I already have 37 registered in the Open (29 have committed to playing in the WBTOC), 12 in the Intermediate, and 4 the Novice division.

Below is my mission statement…

My goal in running the Chicago Open is to provide players with maximum play (in the main tournament and side events), an education (two lectures), a great venue (an all suites hotel at an $89 rate), with the best hospitality.

My staff which includes Bill Minser, Beth Martinson, Kaitlin Speciale, and my dad Sheldon Pascar will all return from last year. I have also added Rynell Nunez as my CTO (Chief Technology Officer). Rynell, along with Ben Friesen will be streaming matches on the USBGF Ustream page. I will personally choose the best matchups to be streamed and hope to have two matches streamed all weekend long. Rynell will also be posting tournament updates here on BGO.

If you have not registered for the Chicago Open and/or have any questions please feel free to contact me directly or go to our website www.chicagoopenbg.com.

Regards,

Rory J Pascar Director, 32nd Chicago Open Backgammon Tournament (847) 297-5451 (h) (617) 699-9100 (c) Rory@ChicagoOpenBG.com (e-mail)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.