[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why We Love the Game -- Atlanta Version

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 2 May 2012, at 1:46 a.m.

I was 5-1 in the Championship division in Atlanta when I met Barry Silliman to advance to the Consolation final. We've all suffered through the occasional blitz match but this one took the prize. I dropped the first six cubes after a typical 3-1, 4-2, 6-6 opening (or equivalent) in each of the first six games. Then, just when it appeared I might get back into the match with a gammon on a two cube, the improbable 6-6 from the bar brought me back to reality. With the 9-0 win Barry agreed it may have been the most lopsided dice match he ever won. Unfortunately (?) the match was not recorded; however, Barry ventured to say he likely had (+)15 luck on an XG evaluation. I don't think I've ever experienced, on either side of the board, such a lopsided match. Until ...

... how quickly the tide turns. In my consequent first Last Chance match against Malcolm Davis I sat in Barry's chair and had his dice. I doubled on the third roll of the first game and Malcolm dropped. I doubled on the fifth roll of the second game and Malcolm dropped. I doubled on the fifth roll of the third game, Malcolm took, and I backgammoned him for the match. In a Snowie analysis, for the five point match, I had a +71 luck factor.

Such a crazy game we love.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.