[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ruling: Two-fer (Part 2)

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 8 May 2012, at 5:11 p.m.

In Response To: Ruling: Two-fer (Part 2) (Justin N.)

"5," if the match length was not posted, or if there is a reasonable possibility that TD inadvertently advised player A "at the beginning of the match" that the match length was 5, or if TD may have been at fault in not ensuring that all players ought reasonably to be aware of the correct match length, or in not discovering until a Crawford game had been reached in the fourth round, that one match was not being played to the correct length, or if there was understandable confusion over the match length of round four in a perhaps small and perhaps quite informal venue, with a format perhaps new to this day's tournament.

Otherwise, "7." I'm pretty much unmoved by arguments about what the players in good faith thought they should be playing to, or by whether it's the Crawford game (and whether the score is 4-3, 4-2-, 4-1 or 4-0), or whether cube and play actions would have been different if they had been playing to 7 instead of 5, or how imposing the correct match length at this point in the match might affect this game or the match. I just don't care much about any of that. I care that, as the rule "clearly" states, all matches must be played to the posted match length and it is the players' responsibility to play to the posted match length. Nearly all players manage to play to the correct score nearly all the time. I don't like making exceptions.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.