[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2012 Chicago Open is just 2 weeks away and the attendance looks great

Posted By: rory
Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, at 8:21 p.m.

Right now there are 57 registered in the Open (58), 31 in the Intermediate(42), and 6 in the Novice(4). LY numbers in parentheses. Looks like only the Intermediate might not reach last year's numbers but even if it doesn't it should come pretty close. We also have 31 registered in the WBTOC...hoping to get to my perfect number of 36 (6 pods of 6 players for the first stage) but unfortunately that is not looking likely.

There are still plenty of rooms in the block if you are thinking of making the trip. And if you haven't heard MCG and Falafel are doing a joint lecture on prime vs prime.

There are two other recent additions to the tournament. There will be $20 & $40 qualifyers into the 64 player USBGF bracket for the 4 US spots in the 2012 IBC. Also, Mochy and Back-Gammon.TV will be sponsoring a backgammon quiz.

For all the tournament info please go to www.ChicagoOpenBG.com. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email at Rory@chicagoOpenBG.com or call me on my cell 617-699-9100.

I hope to see you there!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.