[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Match Logs from extreme gammon

Posted By: Max Levenstein
Date: Monday, 14 May 2012, at 9:41 p.m.

I know I am repeating myself from yesterday, but please read if you missed it!

As you may remember, a little while ago I was trying to compile a bunch of backgammon matches so I could empirically test questions like 'how big a favorite is a player that plays a 3 PR vs. a 5 PR players given a match length of 7?' I realized this week that I did not need to get a bunch of match files to do this testing. Instead, I realized that extreme gammon keeps a log of the important information that I need if the player saved these different matches.

I want to get as much data as possible and that's why I'm asking you if you could assist me on this a little. Knowing that a lot of you use XG a lot do you think you would be willing to send me some data that your XG has saved?

To do this, open up extreme gammon. Go to Players>See Profile Results. Then on the window that comes up go to Results>Copy to Clipboard>Session List (Match Play). This will copy a bunch of information about the matches you have analyzed and saved on XG.

Then, if you happen to have Excel, or another spreadsheet program, open it up and paste the information into the spreadsheet. If you would be willing to save this document and send it my way that would be great!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.