[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG Mobile - Public beta testing

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Sunday, 3 June 2012, at 2:45 a.m.

Hello everyone,

The development of XG Mobile is coming to its end and it's now time to expand the scope of beta testers.

Due to Apple’s constraints, beta testing is limited to 100 devices. I am looking for people who are committed in testing the program and sending feedback to me. If you are not committed please do not reply, as it may prevent someone else to enter the beta test program.

XG mobile runs on iPhone 3GS and later, iPad (any) or iPod 2 and later. It requires iOS 4.2.

A lot of strong players are here on BGOnline.org, but I am actually more interested in having beginners, casual and intermediate players to test the program. If you do not own XG, it is even better.

I am interested in feedback in the following areas:

• Usability: was it is easy and natural to play and navigate through the program?
  • Responsiveness: both during play and options.
  • Overall experience
  • Of course, any crashes and/or bugs should be reported.

If you are interested and committed, I will need the Unique Device ID you want to test on. There are several ways to get that information

• 1. UDID tool
    • a. Search for the free app called “UDID Tool” on the App store, Download it onto your device
    • b. Run app, click Send email, email to contact@extremegammon.com (and please put your name in the email so I know who it’s from)
  • 2. ITunes (see a tutorial at http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid)
    • a. Open iTunes, click on your device on the left
    • b. Reveal the Identifier by clicking on Serial Number
    • c. Copy the Identifier to your clipboard by choosing Edit → Copy.
    • d. Paste the Identifier into an email to contact@extremegammon.com (You should be able to paste into your mail program or web browser by selecting Edit → Paste).

I will wait about a week to gather all the new beta testers and build a new version that include all of them. At that time, I will email all beta testers with the information on how to download and install the program.

Please note: we reserve the right to deny or revoke any beta tester access.

Thank you

Xavier Dufaure de Citres
    GameSite 2000 ltd.
    www.extremegammon.com> www.gammonsite.com

•  

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.