[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 31 December 2006, at 4:25 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 7 to 4
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 24/20 13/10

First of all I need to consider the cube before this roll. I have a lot going for me, a lot meaning I'm on roll in an even race with one more back man escaped than you, one more inner board point, and obviously the looming and very real threat of making the 5 pt. on your head with a full 15 rolls that point on the 5 pt. and a couple others like 5-5 & 6-6 that still point on the ace point. In a money game with a centered cube I'd toss this over in a heartbeat and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is a proper cube but I decided to wait. I feel the take is very easy because the other half of the rolls, while improving my position, still leave you with tons of counterplay and now cube possession. If there was any whiff of a pass in the air I might cube, but since it's democratic here there's no point thinking over 1/2 of you will pass.

On to the roll. I didn't get what I wished for Christmas, go figure, must have been a nauggggggghty boy this year. When I rolled the 6-2 I quickly made the bar. Luckily when I was clicking the checker from the midpoint I noticed "duh" it hits if I want! It wasn't completely clear to me at first. If I win the fight for the 5 I've most likely won the game (either eventually or with the cube immediately). This is a strong argument in favor of hitting. The race is even, nul for both. If I make the bar and you make the 5 pt. anchor that basically negates most of the value of the bar point (since I don't necessarily need it for racing since I have no racing lead). Another nod to the hit. Lastly it takes away 1/2 your roll and doesn't allow you to do anything on your side of the board unless you show me some doubles. Adding it all up and using my phone a friend to call Pythagoras we hit loose. Stick moves 13/5*

Readers move bar/23 24/20*

Stick moves bar/22 10/5*

No Move

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.