[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon Ethics

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 29 October 2007, at 7:29 a.m.

I'm reading through a lot of articles here and there this week and the first one I came across is on Ethics by Phil Simborg. There are only a couple of things I was wondering about.

Don'ts

1. When a player tells me how lucky I am just after I've beaten him, I say "Yes, I was lucky to play someone who played so much worse than me." - I think it's kind of ironic Phil is writing about ethics they way he is and then he can't be the bigger person and simply ignore when someone says this to him lol.

5. ...do not rejoice when you get a really good one (roll) - What do you think?

4./6./8. Do not roll until your opponent has clearly picked up his dice
Don’t play like a turtle
If you wish to stop and copy a board position for later analysis, ask your opponent if they mind first. Do it quickly and don’t do it too often.
-
Things that could be avoided if clocks were mandatory. I also advocate playing slower than you're used to. I know it's more of a personal thing because I tend to play pretty quick and know that if I slowed down a little (to a normal person's speed perhaps) I'd play better.

7. Don't ... listen to headphones - Why not? No really... before you give me the answer I know you're going to give me, why not??

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.