[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Best at explaining backgammon positions

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Friday, 29 June 2012, at 11:12 p.m.

Some people have said that Stick is the best at explaining backgammon positions. I'd just like to remark that while I think Stick is very good, I personally think that Nack is better.

Many readers here may have a skewed view of Nack's abilities in this regard because on BGO, he specializes in openings, and furthermore spends an inordinate amount of effort on nactation. But for a short time, before he decided that he couldn't keep up with the volume of posts on BGOnline, Nack was giving his take on a variety of backgammon positions, not just opening positions. Those were some of the best explanations and analyses I've ever seen.

I've read all of Stick's Daily Quiz Recaps and his Gammon Village articles, and as I said, although they're definitely very good, I still have no doubt in my mind that Nack is significantly better.

I daresay Stick might even agree with me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.