[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Do not remove ALL posts CONGRATS 7/4

Posted By: svilo
Date: Thursday, 5 July 2012, at 6:58 a.m.

Congratulations on yesterday's Independence Day.

Members of this forum should be proud with the open and gentleman discussions. One may gain knowledge and be convinced, or keep his own standpoint.

The threads "Does Stick cheat" unlike similar threads "do bots cheat" brought forward many constructive ideas.

The posts of Phil, Joe, Paul Weaver, Jake Jacobs, Dimitry (I am sure I will omit some) were all full of truth and creativeness.

I am sure that any (OK many a) topic can keep these men talking and producing bright ideas. But it looks that ALL participants had good intentions including the initial "igniters" Stick and David.

I see two themes in these threads - debts and honor. While the need for eventual settling of debts requires incorrect debtors at some point to be made public, the rules of honor demand tactfullness.

If you owe a Grand you have a problem, if you owe a hundred Grand he has a problem and if you owe a million you have a problem again. Al Pacino in the Merchant of Venice comes to mind. You can't efficiently lend if you don't have the army:).

I second the proposals for monitored "Challenge of Honor". I think the organizational part (venues, media, required monitors, allowed monitors, securing of stakes and payments etc.) could be regulated while the stake be left to the actors. An idea could be three times the stake in a usual event for the actors. If the usual entry fee is USD 1000, then the usal stake for such two players could be USD 3000. That's it. The offended increases the stake and asks for "satisfaction".

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.