[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rolling Dice

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 11 July 2012, at 4:29 p.m.

I believe I've read Stick state here, and I agree that I could do the same, that if he wished, and if the need existed, he could roll an entire match without cocking a die.

I am continually amazed at those who do not adjust their rolling mechanics when necessary.

Early in a game, when my opponent's board on my right side does not contain many checkers, I will typically roll toward the opposite side of the board. Late in a game, particularly if I'm rolling into the home boards, I will typically alter my angle of release so that I am rolling toward the center bar.

I watched the DMP ending of a very critical, late round match in Novi wherein one participant was dangerously low on time. His physical, mental, and emotional actions were frenetic, to say the least. Many remarked they thought he was going to have a stroke. He was rolling into the home boards and even during the bear-off, with the opponent's home board full of checkers, he continued to roll his dice toward the far side (albeit increasingly softly to try to keep a die from going atop the opponent's checkers) rather than simply rolling the dice sideways toward the middle bar. He still yet managed to cock a die several times -- only adding to the anxiety and the pressure he was already experiencing.

The solution seems so obvious and simple.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.