[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Free Lesson - Feedback +

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 29 July 2012, at 4:54 a.m.

I started a new thread instead of appending this post to the existing thread.

First, a huge thank you to all that were able to donate to her cause. She has already reached and now comfortably passed the goal she set out to raise. A couple/few of you donated separately and the rest of you who Paypal'ed me I submitted the donation under 'Backgammon Players'. Again, I hadn't told her about me making the request to you guys to help so I imagine tonight when she gets back from watching the Bon Jovi cover band or tomorrow she'll be pleasantly surprised.

I appreciate all the feedback. This was an on the spot decision and I knew it would be rough at best going in but didn't want to waste too much time beforehand if I did it and then people thought afterwards "Boy, wish I could have the last hour of my life back." So next time I will make the many noted improvements from slowing down the bot's play so it is easier to follow to trying to keep in the moment of the match and not going off on a sideline 7 minute discourse that people can't follow for various reasons.

@Chuck - I'm sure you remember that Gus' Every Hand Revealed was a big hit for me as far as poker books are concerned too. The biggest complaint I remember having (and I reviewed it here on the forums) was the over usage of exclamation points.

I have no plans yet as to charging for these or making them a subscription service or anything of the sorts. I feel too guilty until I catch up on the recaps mainly. So, while I do plan on doing them and perhaps often enough, I'll probably something like donating to the USBGF or sending me decks of cards or buying me a drink at the next tournament you see me at or whatever else comes to mind.

What you've all been waiting for.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.