[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Baltimore Club--Okay, shut up, I'm convinced

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 September 2012, at 4:40 a.m.

The finals in Pittsburgh pitted Alfred Mamlet vs. Barry Silliman. Two stars of the Baltimore club. Raposa also fared well, and we all know Friedman and Koca and O'Laughlin are no slouches.

What impressed me was not only who made the finals against a very tough field including some of the greatest players in the game (Neil, Robertie, Magriel, KG, Petko, Stick, Roberts, Vietor), but that they both played under 5.0 in the finals match. Under 5.0 is a great PR for a finals match for anyone.

I have argued before that the Baltimore Club is certainly good, but not great....I was wrong. You guys win, and until the "regulars" at some other club step up and prove they can perform better, you have to give these guys their due.

Congratulations on your team and individual wins. But I warn you, next year in the USBGF team event, if we can convince the USBGF to change the rules to make the club designations more inclusive, Chicago will once again be able to field a great team headed by Neil, and include some decent backup players (like myself, Rory and Carter), we will give you a run for your money.

A special congratulations to Alfred for taking the lead in the ABT. Well-deserved.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.