[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Xavier goes above and beyond

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 September 2012, at 2:20 p.m.

I have two blind students...a famous tournament player from England, and a college student in our USBGF collegiate program. They both have eXtremeGammon, and both have difficulties using it because, well, they are blind.

There is software that helps them read text out loud and helps them see the plays on XG, but nothing that helps them with plays, analysis and other aspects of XG.

Xavier has taken the time to learn about the software available and that they are using and to offer suggestions how to use XG, and he is looking into ways to modify keystrokes and other aspects of XG to make it more accessible for the blind.

He is also looking at the smart phone app to see how this might be more usable for blind players.

I simply want to thank and acknowledge Xavier publicly and make sure everyone knows that in addition to being the most responsive and accessible, honest and fair person to work with in backgammon, he also cares about people and the game and has gone the extra mile to help me and my students. Clearly there is no profit motivation in this exercise, and I know he has many other things on his plate right now.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.