[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

clocks as an advantage for whom?

Posted By: lenny
Date: Thursday, 6 September 2012, at 5:27 a.m.

Barry Silliman's post included:

"Bob Koca wrote: It may seem counterintuitive but the better players can often benefit from more think time than a lesser player. They have more reference positions to compare to and know how to do a possibly time consuming helpful calculation if needed.

I agree completely. For this reason I feel that clocks provide the weaker player an advantage over not using clocks. That's why I'm so pro-clock."

My post:

"For this reason I feel that clocks provide the weaker player an advantage over not using clocks."

Sounds like raw disinformation to me. Players who have studied lots of xg/gnu output can recognize the answers to 'problems' from that study. The weaker players don't have those touchstones, and will liquidate their time when faced with those non-recognized situations. Or just guess, if they have the first level of clock sophistication.

My overwhelming intuition is that clocks are a form of strong vigorish for neural net studiers."

So who is favored by the presence of clocks?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.