[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG Mobile Marketing train wreck

Posted By: Nick
Date: Sunday, 9 September 2012, at 12:36 p.m.

It's a shame but what a disaster. First they release a free version that gives away the kitchen sink and overprices the premium version. Now they stick all kinds of intrusive ads into the free version in hopes of getting people to buy the premium version. The average tablet user will simply delete the app, not fork over ten bucks. In the tablet world anything over 2.99 is considered expensive. 9.99 is way over the top. I was fully prepared to buy XG Mobile on day 1 for around 6.99,on par with Backgammon NJ. The problem is after trying the free version I realized that it was not worth 10 bucks. I already have a far superior version on my computer. I'm not going to trust level 3 analysis when I can get XG Roller ++ in seconds on my comp. We are probably one or two tablet generations away from getting a full XG on tablet. This product should have been released on day 1 for around 6.99, no free app. I strongly recommend that they quickly lower the price of the premium version before XG mobile is deleted from most people's tablets. The ads are ridiculous.

This is not about whether you should give the 10 bucks as a donation, etc. I would agree that he probably would deserve it. But this is not how the vast majority of tablet users think. This has just been bad marketing from day 1.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.