[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

(No) Clocks on Gridgammon

Posted By: Fernando Neumark
Date: Wednesday, 19 September 2012, at 8:12 p.m.

I saw a few weeks ago long discussions about clocks before, during,and after Pittsburgh tournament ,tournament which I attended. I think I would never say “I don’t go to tournaments where clocks are not mandatory”, here where I live (Argentina) there is low or none competitive Backgammon Activity, so for me is an unsignificant thing to play with or without a clock,I can adjust into tournaments rules, anyway I respect players who don’t attend tournaments where clocks are not mandatory.

In these days Im playing on Gridgammon 2 very well organized online Tournaments (Nations Cup and USBGF National Internet Championship). I know there are other tournaments which are played in GG too. I play both tournaments because they are well run, and I like to play against strong players , but I really dislike the issue with the not clock, and that a player can have all the time he wants to make a move,to have a cube decision. In live tournaments, my opponent can take all time he needs, he is in front of me , but online I don’t know what my opponent is doing in the 3 or 5 minutes he takes to make a decision.

So I would like to know what think people who are extremely pro-clocks that take part of these tournaments ,or people like feel something similar as what Im saying, and how they manage this issue. IN my opinion, there is lot of time,prestige and money in some cases (International Backgammon Championship and other tournaments with registration fee) involved in those tournaments to make clocks necessary.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.