[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Question about Bronstein clock setting

Posted By: rew
Date: Sunday, 23 September 2012, at 9:03 a.m.

Hi.

On my "chess clock" Saitek Competition Pro Game Clock, the factory Bronstein time settings works as follows :

You get 5 minutes time bank, and 3 seconds/move free. Never mind that the minutes/seconds needs to be modified for use in a backgammon match, that is no problem.

When you start the clock, if you hit the clock before 3 seconds, you don't use time from your time bank. So far so good. However, if you let the clock run out for 5 minutes, you time out. That means you don't get a total of 5 minutes and 3 seconds, you only get 5 minutes in total.

I assume that since these are factory settings, this is the way Bronstein is supposed to work. But there is some confusion wether you should actually get 5 minutes and 3 seconds in total.

Say in a speed backgammon setting, 5 point match. You get 2 minutes time bank and 10 seconds free. On some clocks like mine this means you might get 10 seconds less time than on other clocks where your time bank doesn't decrease before you have actually used 10 seconds of your free time.

Hope people understand what I'm talking about, and I'd be happy if someone could clarify how "correct" Bronstein should work in backgammon.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.