[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Low Stakes Poker Musings From Vegas

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 20 November 2007, at 8:52 a.m.

While in Vegas I played mainly in the Riviera because that's where the bg tourney was. The biggest limit game they had there was $3/$6 so all these hands are taken from those stakes (or possibly $2/$4, I didn't write down the stakes, it doesn't matter lol) I am too lazy to post these graphically so hopefully you can follow textfully. [it's a word because I used it in a sentence!]

Preflop: two limpers, then the SB raises, BB calls, other two limpers call

Flop 568 (rainbow)
Bet out, callers

Turn K
Bet out, callers

River 9
Board = 5689K

Bet and a call

SB has A7o, BB has 7Ko. That's one monster of a raise preflop as much OOP as you could be with A7o into two limpers. On top of that the BB never takes a raise at him. Not on the flop when he hits an open ended straight draw, not on the turn when he makes top pair + the open ended straight draw, not on the river when he makes the ** straight!? Call ... call ... call. Rofl.. strong game.

I have KQo in the BB, 3 ppl limp in

Flop: 238 - I bet out, everyone calls

Turn: T - I check and kindly bow out

River: J

One guy who called on that flop had 5To. Now that's an insightful call. He wasn't to be outdone though, the other guy behind him had AJ and called both the flop and the turn bet to resuckout on the suckout! What action, what skills.

7 ppl limp preflop

Flop: 69J ... checked around

Turn: T ... checked around

River: K
Board: 69TJK

Now someone bets out and someone else calls. Guess what ~ neither of them has a queen.

Preflop 3 ppl limp, guy in front of me raises, two of the original 3 limpers fold. Nuf said

I had some other fun hands where I got destoryed by the ppl chasing to nothing, but we all know that story and probably don't care, so I'll leave these hands as a fine example of low stakes poker. If you can't beat a live $3/$6 game maybe poker isn't your thing. I know ... let's have spelling contest.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.