[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Steve Sax deserved the win and so did Pat

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 3 December 2012, at 6:49 p.m.

In the finals in LA Steve played at 4.16 and his opponent, Peter Wisniewski from San Francisco, played far worse. (Justin recorded and transcribed the match on XG.)

Nobody expected this Peter guy, a complete unknown to get this far, but it was nice to see as he seemed like a really nice guy. I guess someone really smart was intelligent enough to buy him in the Calcutta, and I collected a nice piece of change for doing just that!

Pat Gibson again proved why his tournaments are always exceptional...every detail is taken care of thanks to his attention to detail and his hiring the best staff to help him. The room was big and bright; coffee and refreshments were always on hand; lovely trophies and plaques, and everything ran on time.

There was a lot of talk about the upcoming tournament in San Antonio, and it looks like one not to be missed as Pat will be running it and the venue is amazing and top players from all over the world are coming--Mochy and friends will be there, staying in San Antonio for 10 days just for sightseeing. Riles and company are doing all the right things to make that a top event, but of course, I know most people are going there just to hear my lecture.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.