[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM -- next iteration

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 25 December 2012, at 5:42 p.m.

I took a bit of a break after the OLM ended, and I'm going to reboot soon. Before doing so, I'd like to offer some ideas of what to do next:

(0) Somebody else takes over the OLM. I don't claim *any* ownership to this. If somebody else wants to drive, it's all yours.

(1) Keep the same. Play a match vs. Extreme Gammon.

(2) Play a match against a person. Somebody would have to be the guinea pig of an opponent.

(3) Play a match against a panel. This is intriguing to me -- get three people together as the opponent to play against. The downside is that there isn't a huge amount of participation in the OLM as it is. If the three are people who were already playing regularly, this could decimate the Team.

(4) Ideas just percolate to me out of nowhere: Instead of an OLM, how about an OLC? On Line Chouette. We're just playing for funsies, so you have to be honest about cubes (you can't just take everything). This requires somebody to be in the box at all times. We can set a few rules about absenteeism that aren't too harsh.

The human opponent/OLC requires some attentiveness by the opponents/box. I don't think we need to be real strict about deadlines and responsiveness. If you can usually play within 24 hours, but sometimes you need an extra day or two, that's good enough.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.