[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 3 January 2007, at 12:15 p.m.

Match to 25, White leads 7 to 4
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 22/14

The bar point is a point I'll have to clear too. The only helpful purpose it serves as of right now is another landing point for my checkers on the 10 pt. It is not a blocking point. I am blocking nothing (esp. since you ran your back man). You aren't going anywhere even with double 4s. Should I clear from the rear? I think not. Picking up the bar leaves zero shots and even though you don't have the spare to hit with now you most certainly would hit if you threw one of the 4 hitting numbers. I am plenty flexible after picking up the bar and *might* have to leave an indirect with some sixes, other than that I can play everything comfortably in my own board. Best to wait and see if I can get away without leaving any indirects whatsoever. Stick moves 7/4 7/6

Readers move 14/9 12/6 . I'll admit afterwards when I looked Snowie made the 2 pt. The difference is small but I felt the better play was not wasting any pips yet and my play leaves you a very good distribution to make your points in order. I suspect a rollout may overturn Snowie's play to mine but I've been wrong before. I also have the option of turning back time if I'd left a blot and you hit it, I could have stopped here and yada yada yada. =P

Stick moves 10/2

Readers move 8/4 6/5. Standard.

Stick moves 10/6

Readers move 9/3 7/4 6/3. Probably a few 'distribution' plays here that are TCTC. I picked the first one I saw lol

Stick moves 6/off

Readers move 8/6 5/2

Stick moves 4/off 2/1

Readers move 8/2

Stick moves 6/1 2/off. My gammon chances are pretty low here, in fact this may be the best play to win a gammon! What I don't like is stripping one of my intermediate points, the 5 pt. 5/off 2/off still leaves me with an odd checker and it gives me the problem of some awkward rolls in the future. Also, you may decide to run soon and my play leaves a lot more numbers that pick/pass/cover. Probably a small difference but a clear difference I think.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.