[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcribing NYC Matches w/ San Antonio Dual-Duel Settings

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Sunday, 13 January 2013, at 12:40 a.m.

I transcribed two NYC matches into XG this afternoon using the San Antonio Dual-Duel Tournament analysis setting. I transcribed these matches to practice my own proficiency in transcription and to test the theory that the analysis would be complete at the end of the match. The analysis settings are XG+ for first pass, XG++ for second pass, and a gigantic search interval.

In each match the analysis was complete with the final play. Results were immediately available and the players began reviewing the matches immediately. During each match the analysis occasionally lagged by several rolls but caught back up during tough decisions, between games, and at breaks.

I will post some of the most interesting positions next week. If none of the players have any objections I will make the match files publicly available.

In the first match Bob Koca beat Falafel 13-4 in the round of sixteen in the Championship Division main bracket. Falafel played 2.84 and UBK played 5.39. If they had been playing in the Dual-Duel finale they would have to play another match as they split the score-based and PR wins.

In the second match Bob Koca beat Victor Ashkenazi 13-1 in the round of eight in the Championship Division main bracket. Victor played 3.88 and UBK played 5.97. Again, a split win in a Dual-Duel tournament.

Was most encouraging that the system worked as anticipated.

I hope to record some more matches between Giants later tonight and tomorrow.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.