[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker with the Doubling Cube

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 24 January 2013, at 6:32 p.m.

I have used the doubling cube in gin rummy and in golf, and it adds a lot to the game. Recently I tried Holdem' Poker using the doubling cube and it was a fantastic game. Especially with beaver. The game moves quickly, you don't need chips as you can easily score points on paper, and simply play so much a point. Of course, it changes the betting theory quite a bit.

I also found that the game can get very exiting if you play with two cubes for each player so that you can, in effect, bet half as much, and you could find yourself holding one of your opponent's cube while he holds one of yours.

The dynamics with 4 or more players can get quite complex, but I haven't tried that yet. Stay tuned. But I suggest if you have a friendly poker game, try this and establish some rules of your own.

The doubling cube may be the greatest gambling and game invention of all time. I am glad I thought of it!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.