[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PR match strategy

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 29 January 2013, at 2:03 p.m.

In Response To: PR match strategy (Bob Koca)

It will be interesting. Obviously, Bob, you have put a lot of strategy into the concept of the Dual-Duel -- and I think that is a good thing.

However, I think a player could get (and I'll use an old American -- at least Southern -- expression) too cute by spades to their own detriment.

These are clocked matches, so time is an issue -- to add another complicated strategy, of unknown or debatable value, could create a time problem or could lessen the time available for the usual backgammon decisions and strategies.

Also, a player will not know where he/she stands in the relative PR contest during the match. So, do you assume you are being outplayed and adjust accordingly? Or do you assume you are outplaying the opponent and adjust accordingly? A risky, gaming strategy may, seemingly, be as potentially harmful as it is potentially beneficial.

I, obviously, and doubtlessly with some bias, agree with Mochy's position.

We shall see what happens. We'll keep people posted. Some of the matches will be streamed. PR results will, typically, be available immediately upon the conclusion of a match. We will display the PR's for those viewers who have watched on-line.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.