[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

MCG's Match from Dual-Duel

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 12 February 2013, at 11:19 p.m.

MCG v. Jeremy

So here is the match again available for download. I went through it and rolled out most of MCG's decisions. If he made the correct play I only rolled it out to roughly stat. sig. If he made the wrong play I tried to roll it out so the variance was pretty low (less than .005) so we'd have a better idea of the difference in plays and a more true PR. I rolled out a decision or three of Jeremy's too but that wasn't my main concern.

His final PR ends up being 1.11 for you non rounders. Before seeing the analysis I went through the match game by game and noted when I thought MCG had a real decision and then after I played out the match myself went back and looked through to see if MCG missed any plays that were pure donk. That's to say something I didn't mark as a real decision but he somehow got wrong. (eg. game #8 move #32 a 32 to play. That's just a lazy error) Here is how I saw it.

Game #1 moves 5, 7, and 8 are non forced. Moves 5 and 8 would at worst be only small errors even if missed.

Game #2 moves 2, 11, 12, and 14. Moves 2 and 14 are non decisions meaning no matter what play you chose you really lose little to no equity and move 11 is possibly a small error. Move 12 I'm not really sure if people could miss this so I included it. A possible medium sized error.

Game #3 moves 3, 9, 12, and the cube. Move 3 is another non decision, either play loses you no equity. Move 9 is a small error, the cube a possible small-medium sized error and move 12 MCG sucks.

Games #4, #5, and #6 are nothing games. There's not a single decision worth mentioning.

Game #7 moves 5, 7, and the cube. The cube and move 5 are small possible errors while move 7 could be a medium error.

Game #8 there is also nothing but since MCG slept through move #32 I thought I'd mention it.

Overall I would give the match an easier than usual rating from MCG's side. It started off (first 3 games) normal to perhaps slightly harder than average but the remainder of the match was a breeze. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.