[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The bigger issue...Everybody please read!

Posted By: rory
Date: Friday, 15 February 2013, at 9:08 p.m.

This is a response to Stick's post...

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?read=137437

I started a new thread instead of replying to the post so it would be more visible to people here.

To me the reasons as to why you reveiwed the match were obvious...and I thought it should have been obvious to everyone else as well. Everyone should be used to you calling MCG, Falafel, Mochy, or any other top player a donkey or referring to a 5+ PR in an easy match as Rory-esque. This has been going on for years.

So why are people now questioning your motives?

To me this answer is even more obvious than the previous question. Stick has been labeled a cheater in Internet Backgammon and has lost the respect of many in the game. I, for one, want to always believe the best about people and to be honest my mind stills begs the question as to whether on not Stick cheated. I just can't bring myself to make the conclusion that he did. He still has my respect for many reasons, the most of which is his ability to analyze a position and instantly give a great explanation as to why play x is next/best. In my opinion he does this better than any of the other top players.

Back to the bigger issue...Stick refused to get into a situation (a free roll was offered for him to try and clear his name) that he would not be comfortable in and for that he has been condemned. His reputation has taken an enormous hit and one of the trickle down effects has been less posting on BGO by some top players. I believe our community is suffering a bit because of it.

What solution am I offering? I don't have one. I just wanted to bring to light what I thought was the bigger issue as to why Stick was attacked for offering his take on MCG's match with Jeremy. I recorded that match and was in awe that his PR stayed so low as the match progressed, but at the same time I can understand why another top player would not have been so impressed.

That's my 2 cents. I would like to see some productive dialogue on this issue and hopefully we as a community can move forward.

Regards

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.