[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 4 January 2007, at 7:00 a.m.

So you know the last game ended without fireworks. You ran off the gammon, never even had a shot. Boring as all can be, I won 2 pts.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 4
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 24/18 13/11

Stick moves 24/21 13/7*

Readers move bar/23 24/18*

Stick moves bar/21 8/7*

Readers move bar/18*

Whew. Finally an interesting play. The only 5 I'm sure I got right is bar/20 =) After that, it's all up in the air. The way I go through these is by first identifying what I can and can't do and what I would like to do. (what my objectives right now are) First thing I rule out is making the ace point [don't laugh, I go through all these plays to make sure I don't miss shit!]. After that, I go to the 8 pt. and realize it's stripped, I only have 3 fives left to play, and making the 3 is no where near a priority. The checkers on the 8 pt. shall stay.

Now I double check to make sure nothing hits, it doesn't. Always something I do when I roll doubles. The man on my 24 pt. doesn't move, I'm narrowing down options, before you know it I should have a play. Now I have to decide if I want to give up the 4 pt. anchor. If I do this the last five would be played 13/8, reinforcing the 8 pt. instead of 20/15 leaving a double shot in the outfield and diversifying further your good numbers. Even after this huge roll I'm down 11 pips after the roll! Now I'm thinking to myself that I sort of like everything where it is. I find two plays that more or less leaves everything 'as is' and look decent, bar/5 and bar/10 13/8. Even though I'd rather use the checkers on my still stacked 6 pt. to make the five I like slotting it now better than smoothing out my position. If I'm hit, no big deal, the game is long and a clear path is not yet cut in stone. If missed, I'm favored to cover it and the five point is always handy ;) I will roll this out but for now...

Stick moves bar/5
Vote for today's OLM: Today's Vote

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.