[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Japanese Books on Doubling Cube?

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Saturday, 23 February 2013, at 9:00 a.m.

In Response To: New Japanese Books on Doubling Cube? (Michael Petch)

Hi all, The book is basically a collection of mistakes made by world class players. The author watched hundreds of thousands of games in Grid Gammon and carefully choose instructive mistakes and classified them by type of positions. Each problems are analyzed by XG2 rollout. (No explanation is written though)

I enjoy reading them (and still reading) for my own learning. I recommend this set of books to any serious players.

Carol Joy Cole will be a distributor in USA and she starts selling very soon, but if you can't wait I can send it to you.

$38 for each volume and $114 for a set. $12 for shipping.

Here is a sales text for Amazon.com

Accurate cube action is the foundation of backgammon success. This three-volume set presents 1000 doubling positions to help players of all levels master the complexity of the cube. All conclusions have been confirmed by the latest backgammon software.

Each volume contains 333(or334) problems carefully organized by type and arranged in a logical progression which illustrates the effect of subtle shifts in the position. The reader will also see how the score of a match can dramatically change proper doubling strategy.

The three-volume set provides an excellent library of doubling cube reference positions for both unlimited and match play. The books cover cube action for every phase of the game, and are appropriate for players of all levels, from novice to expert. No other publication to date is so comprehensive and complete. This series is a must for any serious backgammon player.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.