[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stick was right

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Friday, 8 March 2013, at 6:33 p.m.

I'm playing in the CSI this weekend. The tournament offers a number of things which I do not view as attractive. But, I've played in Bill's tournament for more than 25 straight years and I don't care to break the streak yet. At this stage of life, I won't be starting any new 25+ year streaks.

The tournament rules won't allow clocks on request. I've reread the discussion from 2012 and decided that Stick was right. Stick felt and I agree that in this format, a player should take as much time as is merited on a play. I agree with Stick that this doesn't mean playing slow without reason in an attempt to cause delays. It simply means using as much time as is needed to play one's best.

Contrary to Stick's position, I probably would not deny a clock to a strong clock proponent such as Neil. I agree that's a reasonable stance to take. It just isn't me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.