[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Streaming this weekend: The Ohio State Backgammon Championships

Posted By: BenF
Date: Thursday, 21 March 2013, at 5:13 p.m.

Hi Everybody!

The fund drive was a success! We hit the $400 goal only one week after starting on the quest to fund streaming the Ohio State BG Championships. I am currently finishing the preparation work and am excited to make the trip to Cleaveland in the morning. Here are some things that you should know.
-Streaming will start with the 2pm est start of the Masters and Amateur JP
-All of the streams will be accessible by the public -All matches recorded will be transcribed throughout the weekend.
-Match files will be emailed to donors and posted on the USBGF website for members.
-If you are not a member, and have not donated to the stream, you can get your hands on the match files by either becoming a limited member of the USBGF for $15 or sending $25 to my paypal through the button below.

Here is what I am delivering this weekend, pulled from my kickstarter page
- I will be streaming a match at all times through the USBGF streaming page
-I will be recording a second match at all times.
-Inputing all of the recorded matches to XG. These matches will first be shared with the players, after the players are able to review the matches the matches will be emailed to donors and made available on the USBGF website.
-All matches will be inputted and delivered to the players by the end of March, with the goal being that most of the matches are made available by Sunday the 24th.
-There will be a minimum of ten match transcriptions and eight match broadcasts with my goal being fifteen or more transcriptions and ten or more broadcasts.

There has been some hype over providing a play by play transcription during streamed matches. Due to concerns over the possibility of cheating and the amount of extra time it would take I will not be doing this for most matches. I may do this for the finals.

And last, but certainly not least, thank you to the following sponsors and donors:
I Hate Backgammon
Carolina Invitational
Phil Simborg's Baffle Box
The London Open 2014
The USBGF
Arthur Benjamin
Tore Fredriksen
GameSite 2000 Ltd.
Christopher Haviland
Stuart Mann
Frank Raposa
Peter Swartwout
Cheryl Andersen
Jean Francois Martaille
William Patterson

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.