[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 5 January 2007, at 9:17 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 4
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

I will discuss this once the rollout is finished. It's taking a while because a couple of the plays are close and also because you chose so many different plays I rolled them all out. Readers move 23/8 18/13

Stick moves 13/7 8/5

Readers move 11/7 8/7

This one might actually be close. I made the 'human' play of simply making my 4 pt. You don't have many immediate numbers that leave a shot (I count 6-3 and 5-4 2-1 [indirect]) so it may be better to even out my distribution with 6/4 6/3. My 6 pt. is toppling over but I choose to make the 4 this turn in case I do get lucky and have an immediate whack at you.

Readers move 8/3 6/3

Again small amounts of equity between my top two choices. I can either slot the next inner board point in line and roll the ace off with 6/5 or I can remake the 8 pt. and roll the ace off. I think in general the 8 pt. is undervalued and you still have a couple of immediate rolls that may get me a shot/flyer so I decide not to slot my inner board in case that parlay arises. It shouldn't hurt me since my distribution is nice. Stick moves 13/8 6/5

Anything other than the pure safe play is too risky for no reward. Readers move 13/8 6/3

Is it time to give up my midpoint yet? I think not. I'm still a little nuisance sticking around in the outfield, not allowing you to pull down any flexibility with your aces. Also my 6-2 slots the next points in line quite nicely. The time may soon come that I have to break, but right now it's too early. Stick moves 8/2 5/3

Readers move 8/5 6/5

Now I really need to decide what my game plan is. The 6 is fairly forced, 8/2. I'm not going to run all the way out with 24/21 when I'm a mile behind in the race and give you all those shots for fun. With the 3 though should I complete my 5 pt. board or step up to my anchor so the next large number I throw I can jet out and maintain some timing? For me the board looks too powerful to pass up. I realize this means next turn I'll have to concede the midpoint (unless you leave me a shot!) but it's a concession I'm willing to make for the strength of the board. [more on this later]

Vote for today's cube decision first: Cube Decision

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.