[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ed Wins Three Finals In Vegas

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 8 April 2013, at 4:05 a.m.

Many thanks to Howard, Troy, Mary, John and Carol for running a great tournament!

Ed won the Seniors, the Super Jackpot and the Consolation. Matt knocked Ed out of the main event, but Ed got his revenge when he beat Matt in the finals of the Super Jackpot. The score was 5-2 in a 15pt match when they took a restroom break. I went up to my room for a snack and when I came back down, it was all over. Leading 6-5, Ed had won an eight-point game.

Ed's PR in the Super Jackpot finals was between 3.0 and 3.1. Matt's weighted-average PR of his two finals was in the 2.8 neighborhood. Very few players in the known universe can play this well under the pressure of big-tournament finals.

Stephan, yesterday against Petko, made a great double at -4/-3 and won a gammon for the match. Today against Matt, Stephan made another great double, this time at -3/-2, and won a gammon for the match.

White is Matt

score: 15
pip: 159
17 point match
pip: 155
score: 14

Blue is Stephan
XGID=-a-BaBC-A---dE---d-e----B-:0:0:1:00:14:15:0:17:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

White is Matt

score: 15
pip: 159
17 point match
pip: 155
score: 14

Blue is Stephan
XGID=-a-BaBC-A---dE---d-e----B-:1:-1:1:32:14:15:0:17:10
Blue to play 32

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Congratulations to Ed and all the other winners! More complete results can be found on the site run by Bill Davis, www.chicagopoint.com. Howard Ring's brother won the Intermediate.

Thanks to Stick for posting the rollout results. Thanks, also, to Justin for recording the matches. I believe they will be available very soon. After today's action, Matt, Justin and I went out for Thai food. We all ate sticky rice.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.