[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgames for Charity

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2013, at 2:31 p.m.

Last year at one point I did a group lesson and forwarded the money to a cause my friend supports, the fight against cancer. She really appreciated that everyone helped her reach her goal and she is doing the same this year but trying to raise more money. Last year was her first year riding and she's going to put in more time on the bike this time too. Pelotonia Web Site

This year, depending on how this goes, there are two other causes I'd also like to support. One friend of mine has made clean water his cause for his own birthday present. You can read about it at this page. I also joined him this month in the push up challenge he is doing. You can see our pledged amount and results so far if you're really bored Spreadsheet. Since Chuck will notice it and point it out I might as well tell you the person whose goal is a fraction of an inch above mine is my better half. Originally I figured she'd stockpile some push ups in secret and come the last day she'd be like 500 ahead of me but I'm going to Vegas for the rest of the month so I don't think she'll worry about me beating her.

Lastly, SARNCO for which the above mentioned push up machine volunteers. We also ran a 5k a couple weekends ago. Here's the only link I've found with pictures up from it so far. Race pix. If you want to skip directly of proof that my fat ass ran here's one of the pix. The girl in the purple pants crossing the line is the push up queen herself.

So what does all this have to do with backgames?! I've been working for a while now on compiling backgame material and it is all coming together. I have not yet created the video lessons but I estimate it will be at least 3 hour long videos, possibly more, trying to cover everything backgame. These will be downloadable so you can have them forever. Accompanying them will be the usual of many files, rollouts, fun play from here positions, etc...

Depending on how much money is raised will depend on how I allocate it to the various charities. I was going to wait until the videos were finished so I could distribute them immediately but I thought why not put it out there now and get the ball rolling? Also, if some of you want/need to do payments in installments I'm fine with that. I am back from Vegas on Monday so the videos should be finished by next weekend.

I think the material is excellent and it seems like people are always interested in backgames because they're a more complex game even though nowadays we should steer away from them in general. There was also a lot of work involved for good causes so my recommendation is $100++. I know it sounds steep but if you think of it as 4 separate group lessons maybe that will help ease the pain.

Paypal me at checkmugged@yahoo.com

An intro position so you don't feel like you read all this just for a picture of me.

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 202
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 126
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=---bdbEBC--CAA-----cba-a--:1:-1:1:52:0:0:3:0:10
Blue to play 52

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.